We spent years working in traditional agencies, with all the cost and time overheads that come along for the ride (layers of account management, central city premises, commuting, overseeing junior staff, and the constant pressure to feed the entire agency assembly line).
We wanted a new approach that would let us spend as much time as possible on the work that matters most to clients, and allow us, as the agency principals, to work directly with clients at every stage.
The result is a virtual agency; small on overheads, large on strategy, creative and delivery. Our clients work only with an experienced agency principal, and receive the best possible expertise and experience at every turn.
Why Work with Us?
- Direct relationships – clients work directly with the agency principals and we progress projects without having to navigate layers of agency bureaucracy and account management.
- Full brand offering – we have a comprehensive set of skills and capabilities that deliver successful brands, with a focus on sharp thinking at every stage.
- Lower overheads – office-based agencies carry larger resourcing and administrative demands, our model reduces these impacts on clients’ budgets, workflow and deadlines.
- Consistency – the agency principals work on every project to ensure work is delivered by those who best know our clients’ brands and people.
- Sustainability – we have a greatly reduced environmental footprint by doing away with fixed premises, daily commuting and associated energy consumption.
- In-house availability – as virtual operators, we are available to work in-house with clients during the most intense project stages including strategy, creative development, design and implementation.
Meet the Team
Managing Partner, Brand and Marketing Strategy
Role: developing the blueprints and plans to turn business strategy into brand propositions, engagement programmes and brand experiences.
Andrew has 20 years experience in brand strategy with a particular focus on brand positioning, definition and brand architecture development. Andrew brings industry-hardened skill sets and frameworks to bear – translating an organisation’s vision and business goals into a coherent brand idea, aligned to audience segments, drivers and business outcomes.
Andrew has recently been appointed a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK), and is Chair of the NZ Marketing Association Central Region Advisory Group.
The Syndicate undertakes regular pro-bono work to support a range of organisations and causes.
We are, or have recently been, contributing to:
- So They Can
A locally-led organisation providing education, and implementing social business programmes, to support the development of partner communities in Africa. We provide brand development and marketing expertise.
- Mary Potter Hospice
An important Wellington institution – we contribute a monthly quota of pro-bono work to the branding project and fundraising initiatives. Read more
- Sahara Charity Challenge
Partnering with Willie and Grieg, we helped raise over $30,000 for the Malaghan Research Institute.
- Mates Paddle for Life
We contributed the logo design to help give the event visibility.